Promise Yourself . . .
• To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
• To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
• To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
• To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
• To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
• To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
• To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
• To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
• To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
• To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
It is with deep regret that we must inform you of the passing of our good friend and fellow Optimist, John Shirey, who died unexpectedly on Saturday, October 18, 2014. John was an active member of the Optimist Club of Huntsville for 33 years and a Member on the Board of Directors for the Huntsville Optimist Foundation.
Funeral arrangements are as follows:
Tuesday, October 21 - Visitation 10:00 a.m. - Noon, followed by funeral service at Noon
Berryhill Funeral Home, 2305 Memorial Parkway NW, Huntsville, AL
Burial: Maple Hill Cemetery
We now have 117 Band instruments in the hands of eager students. Congratulations Band Committee!
To develop optimism as a philosophy of life utilizing the tenets of the Optimist Creed;
To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs;
To inspire respect for the law;
To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people;
To aid and encourage the development of youth, in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of humankind, community life and the world.